Let's say you've been meaning to learn Haskell for a long time, secretly yearning for purely functional programming, laziness and a type system based on more category theory than you can shake a functor at.
Now's your chance. Erik Meijer is teaching an online class Introduction to Functional Programming on edX, about which he says, "This course will use Haskell as the medium for understanding the basic principles of functional programming."
Anyone up for a Seattle study group?
- Learn you a Haskell
- Programming in Haskell
- Haskell: the Craft of Functional Programming
- Real World Haskell
- The Haskell Road to Logic, Maths and Programming
- H-99: Ninety-Nine Haskell Problems
- "Programming with Arrows" paper by John Hughes.
- C9 Lectures: Erik Meijer - Functional Programming Fundamentals
It must be some pack-rat instinct that makes me compile these lists.